Jobs at Aquagrow International : Tropical Marine Fish Hatchery Specialist in Perak, Malaysia - AquacultureTalent
The Tropical Marine Fish Hatchery Specialist, under the supervision of the Hatchery Manager, will assist in the rearing and distribution of Grouper, Red Snapper or Barramundi marine fish fry.
The Tropical Marine Fish Hatchery Specialist, under the supervision of the Hatchery Manager, will assist in the rearing and distribution of Grouper, Red Snapper or Barramundi marine fish fry. Successful candidates will also assist in the implementation of programs directed towards the management of the AquaGrow hatcheries. Duties on site include: feeding fish, cleaning rearing units, various finfish husbandry practices, as well as use and maintenance of aquaculture equipment. Management activities involve: watershed/ creel surveys, fish collections and public information events.
- Ensure your direct reports are informed on the day to day running of the farms.
- Present the monthly production, headcount and financial result for the area against the agreed KPI's and suggest an action plan if required.
- Identify staff training requirements and advise on recommended training and implementation.
- Overseas travel is required as part of job scope
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in producing Grouper, Red Snapper or Barramundi marine fish fry
- Experience in producing marine fish fry in earthen ponds will be a huge advantage
- Basic fish culture techniques; rearing procedures;
- Water dynamics (e.g. flows, flow patterns, availability, temperature, etc.)
- Basic math (add/subtract/multiply/divide); calculate and understand quantities and proportions
- Computer knowledge; basic understanding of spreadsheets, word processing
- Safe and proper use and maintenance of tools and equipment
- Knowledge of available resources and guides needed to help complete forms and documents correctly
Nice to have
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterized by great commitment and a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers, and the company.
- A competitive remuneration package
- Remunerations commensurate with industry experience
- Production sharing incentives
- Farm accommodation will be provided
- Work permits will be applied for successful applicants who are not Malaysian nationals