Jobs at Dibba Bay Oyster : Assistant Farm Manager in Fujairah - United Arab Emirates - AquacultureTalent
The Middle East's first shellfish farm, producing gourmet oysters.
The Middle East's first shellfish farm, producing gourmet oysters. Grown in the pristine waters of Northern Fujairah, UAE.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Seeding - forecasting seed needs, preparing the ground, spreading and monitoring survival of seed.
- Farming the crop - predator control/protection, transplanting, and thinning.
- Harvesting the crop - projecting the harvest and then harvesting in a systematic manner.
- Work to develop and implement mechanical clam harvest equipment and methods.
- Records – keeping farm report from seeding to harvest as well as other reports, such as maintenance, HR, ECOP (environmental codes of practice), & Safety.
- Work with upper management to develop short- and long-range plans for the farm.
- Coordinating - working with other managers to coordinate crews and equipment to maximize company efficiency.
- College Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in aquaculture or related farming
- Team and Individual leadership skills
- Organization and planning skills
- Ability to work independently, at times, with little direction
- Strong and sound decision-making skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent communication, verbal/written skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Must maintain positive company morale
- Participates in company events, as needed
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions
Nice to have
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterized by great commitment and a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers, and the company.
- A competitive remuneration package