Jobs at Dibba Bay Oyster : Farm Manager in Fujairah - United Arab Emirates - AquacultureTalent
The Middle East's first shellfish farm, producing gourmet oysters.
The Middle East's first shellfish farm, producing gourmet oysters. Grown in the pristine waters of Northern Fujairah, UAE.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist in monthly farm budgeting processes.
- Review and analyze farm financials monthly to best run the farms profitably.
- Ensure Farm Managers are maintaining farm, maintenance, HR, ECOP (environmental codes of practice) & safety records. Ensure Farm Managers enforce company rules, policies, and safety procedures for their crews.
- Work with the executive team and Farm Managers to develop and facilitate the success of new policy / technology implementation.
- Coordinating - working with other directors to coordinate crews and equipment to maximize company efficiency.
- Represent Dibbay Bay at meetings. This could be within the company, industry, governmental, or community groups.
- Work with Assistant Farm Managers to develop long range plans for farm.
- Help field a whole menagerie of shellfish related questions and phone calls.
- Participate in company events, as needed.
- Bachelor Degree preferred within aquaculture field
- 4+ years of aquaculture farm management experience required
- Team and Individual leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew of 5-15 individuals.
- Budgeting skills
- Ability to develop and maintain a budget for a profitable operation
- Well organized, detail oriented and strong planning skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently, at times with little direction
- Strong and sound decision-making skills
- Proficiency in: Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong technology understanding: ability to learn and work with both mobile and computer technologies.
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Ability to work outdoors in ALL weather conditions
Nice to have
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterized by great commitment and a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers, and the company.
- A competitive remuneration package