Jobs at SouthFresh Aquaculture : IQF Supervisor in Eutaw, AL, USA - AquacultureTalent
SouthFresh Aquaculture is seeking a IQF Supervisor for our Fish Processing Operation located in Eutaw, Alabama.
SouthFresh Aquaculture is seeking a IQF Supervisor for our Fish Processing Operation located in Eutaw, Alabama. You will manage all production related activities in the facility.
The IQF Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the daily work flow of the IQF Department. Supervises employees to ensure production guidelines are being met within established timing, quality, and cost standards. Trains, directs, coaches and leads the production team in the day-to-day operations to meet production, safety and quality requirements. Drives the communication of production goals and objectives, as well as results in order to effectively motivate the team to maintain a high standard of product quality while maximizing plant efficiencies.
- Performs daily walks and visual inspections of processing floor in observation of unsafe acts or conditions; takes immediate corrective action where necessary.
- Maintains safety/environmental self-audits & visual checks, champions all safety or ergonomic activities for the department and helps to develop and meet plant safety goals.
- Adheres to product specification requirements throughout the manufacturing process to maintain the desired product quality results.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of products and equipment to ensure the ability to direct employees to perform the job properly.
- Ability to maintain identification of product and proper food handling procedures.
- Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with HACCP and USDA regulations; taking corrective action when necessary.
- Oversees and monitor the product process and holds daily/weekly department meetings to address questions and concerns.
- Maintains or exceed goals on yields and efficiencies.
- Works with the Operations Managers and First Processing Supervisor to maintain knowledge of yields and variances, methods of calculations, typical problem areas and methods for corrections and improvement.
- Suggests changes in work flow processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department and/or production crew to maintain the lowest level of downtime and product costs possible.
- Traces and analyzes key product result measures for improvement opportunities.
- HS Diploma, AA degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in the processing fish and/or meat industry.
- Familiarity with GMP's, HAACP, process improvement, plant safety programs, and regulatory compliance.
- Must have strong basic math skills, with the ability to calculate percentages and fractions for recipe quantities and meat formulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have
It is a plus if you have experience with training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, administering recognition and/or discipline, addressing complaints.
For the right candidate we offer:
- A challenging and independent position.
- A work environment characterized by great commitment and a strong commitment to achieving results for both our employees, customers and the company.
- A competative remuneration package